To set up AKC Reunite:
- First, you must generate an API key. You can find out how to do this by clicking the following link: How do I Generate My API Key?
- Next, contact your microchip sales representative at 800-252-7894 or email@example.com and provide:
- Your organization name and phone number
- Your API Key
- Date to start uploading microchip enrollments. AKC Reunite can go back in time and pull historical records, if needed
- Whether you want to enroll only AKC Reunite microchips or any brand of microchip - fees may apply for other microchip brands, check with your microchip sales representative
- You will receive an email from AKC Reunite once the automated microchip enrollment is activated
What types of microchips are uploaded?
All microchip types are able to be uploaded but fees may apply for non AKC Reunite microchip brands, check with your microchip sales representative for more information.
When do chips get uploaded?
AKC Reunite will process animals with the event “Outcome – Adoption” and only upload the animal’s microchip enrollment information if the animal has a Person record assigned.
What if an animal has multiple microchips?
If an animal has more than one microchip, only the most recently added chip will be uploaded, so you will need to manually register the other chip(s) through your registry account. (The other option is to wait a day before adding subsequent chips.)
When an animal has more than one microchip implanted, none of the chips are considered the "primary" because any one of them could be picked up by a universal microchip scanner first. This means it is important that each chip's registration is kept up-to-date.
What information is being pulled for uploads?
The microchip is registered using information in the pet owner's record.
- Full Name
- Street Address
- Email address
- Phone number
- If two phone numbers are on file, both will be included
- Only phone numbers with an associated phone type will be included
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org