How do I process an intake for an animal that was adopted, but was intaken at a different organization?

Matthew Brown
Matthew Brown

If an animal was adopted out from your Shelterluv account, but intaken at a different facility that does not use Shelterluv,  you'll use custody changes to move the record to the partner, then process the transfer back to your organization.


Here is how you'll want to process this intake:

1. ​Custody change from adopter to other organization from the original adopter's person record by selecting the appropriate option and filling out the custody change form.

2. ​Transfer in from the Custody Change tab on the Partner Profile by clicking on the partner's name in your Partner tab on the main dashboard.