Combining several of Shelterluv's newest features, we've outlined a sample for recommended best practices for scheduling and intake clients for services such as a microchip or wellness clinic. Click on the links to learn more about each helpful feature!
Using Custom Applications
- Step 1: Create a custom application for your service intakes.
- Step 2 *Optional*: Auto-email sent to applicants upon initial receipt of custom application for clinic services that describe the expected next steps to your customers.
- Step 3: Staff review the submitted application, call client to confirm details if needed, and then accept the application to create Person/Animal Record.
- Animals will be created as "Previously Owned"
- Another auto-email can be sent here that includes agreed upon date/timeslot
- Step 4: Service Intake these animal(s,) using a subtype set not to count towards intake reporting
- Step 5: Add non-adoption shopping cart items to Shopping Cart for expected services and text client for payment of deposit and contract signature.
- Step 6: Add Scheduled Services to animal record to be reviewed/completed via Task Manager on the date of your clinic
- This step could include scheduling each item such as their individual vaccines or treatments OR creating one Procedure type called "Wellness Clinic'' that offers you an overview of the expected arrivals for the day of the clinic with notes in the stored text. You may also wish to include the weight of animal and the specific timeslot for their appointment here if scheduled service is for spay/neuter.
Day of Clinic Appointment:
- Step 1: When animal arrives for appointment, update status and location via the Animal’s Processing Tab of their record (or use Edit Multiple!)
- Step 2: Review and complete tasks via the Task Manager
- If services include a Rabies Vaccine or Spay/Neuter procedure, you’ll want to email or print these Certificates from the animal’s record after they are completed via the task manager to share them with your client.
- Step 3: Process Service Outcome for these animal(s), also using a subtype set not to count towards outcome reporting.
The steps above are meant to provide a sample for recommended workflow. If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist!