Your adopters and other customers have the option of adding a donation to cover your processing fees on all transactions that run through our integrated credit card processor Stripe! This ensures that your organization will receive 100% of the original payment total.
The donation is automatically calculated to cover:
- All Stripe-related processing fees
- 2.9% + $0.30 (Standard Stripe fee per transaction)
- 0.5% (Shelterluv <> Stripe connection fee)
- Your Shelterluv fee per adoption outcome (for adoption transactions only)
- This donation for processing fees isn't displayed until the very last page of the checkout, which means your customers will see the normal Donation Boost prompt first.
- This box to add a donation is selected by default, though the customer has the option to opt out if they would like. (If you would prefer for this box to not be selected by default, so that your customers must opt in to it, just email email@example.com and we can switch this setting on your account.)
- In your Shelterluv accounting reports, the donations will appear just like the Donation Boost transactions including the "Donation added by customer during Shelterluv checkout" transaction memo. In your Stripe reports, the description will separate out donations for processing fees from normal donations.