- Get the contract digitally signed (and automatically added to the associated person and animal records)
- Receive donations! (78% of adopters donate an average of $21 through this feature)
- Ensure that the adopter sees and signs all of the necessary waivers and disclaimers needed to set them up for a successful adoption—especially important with harder-to-adopt animals
- Easily email all of your adoption documents, such as system-generated medical history, digitally signed contract and disclaimers, and Digital Adoption Packets to the adopter at the end of the transaction. Save time and paper!
Whether you're allowing a foster to complete their adoption from the comfort of their own home, looking to complete adoptions more quickly during a busy event, or simply hoping to simplify the checkout process and increase donations, mobile checkout is the perfect solution for your $0 adoptions.
- Start by creating an Adoption Price Group for each species in the Configuration menu. Give the price group a name that is easily recognizable (i.e., “Shelterpay Adoption - $0”), and set the price to $0. You can also opt to discount an existing price group down (be sure to configure Transaction-Level Discount Reasons).
- When processing a $0 adoption, select the $0 Adoption Price Group you've configured or discount an existing Adoption Price Group down to $0. Then, click the “Pay with Shelterpay” button, and continue with the Mobile Checkout process.
If you are interested in how to process adoptions that take place offsite at a retail location or similar, you can also check out our article on the best way to process offsite adoptions.