- Get the contract digitally signed (and automatically added to the associated person and animal records)
- Receive donations! (77% of adopters donate an average of $20 through this feature)
- Ensure that the adopter sees and signs all of the necessary waivers and disclaimers needed to set them up for a successful adoption—especially important with harder-to-adopt animals
- Easily email all of your adoption documents, such as system-generated medical history, digitally signed contract and disclaimers, and Digital Adoption Packets to the adopter at the end of the transaction. Save time and paper!
Whether you're allowing a foster to complete their adoption from the comfort of their own home, looking to complete adoptions more quickly during a busy event, or simply hoping to simplify the checkout process and increase donations, mobile checkout is the perfect solution for your $0 adoptions.
- Start by creating a no charge Adoption Price Group for each species in the Configuration menu. Give the price group a name that is easily recognizable (i.e., “Adoption - No Charge”), and set the price to $0.
- When processing a $0 adoption, choose the adopter from your contacts, followed by the available animal for adoption. Once the animal has been added to your Shopping Cart, you’ll need to reduce the pet’s adoption fee in the Shopping Cart by clicking the edit icon next to the price. In the "Edit Price" window, choose the Adoption Price Group you configured for a $0 adoption, and hit save. Then, click the “Pay with Credit/Debit Card” button, and continue with the Mobile Checkout process.
NOTE: To take advantage of the Mobile Checkout and all of it's great features, you'll have to activate your Stripe account!
If you are interested in how to process adoptions that take place offsite at a retail location or similar, you can also check out our article on the best way to process offsite adoptions.