Shelterluv is excited to introduce Protected Pet Reports, a critical new tool that will help your team stop disease spread in its tracks!
This series of reports will give you confidence that each and every animal in your care is protected against infection by identifying those who are not currently up-to-date on a vaccine/preventative or have not been scheduled for their next one.
Needs Rabies Vaccination
The first report in this series identifies animals who have no rabies vaccine on file, no rabies vaccine scheduled, or are overdue for a rabies vaccine.
To get started, navigate to Analysis & Reports > Quick Reports, where you will find a new tab called Protected Pet.
After running the report, you will be able to sort by any of the columns or use the available filters.
In this example below:
- Postman and Fluffy both have rabies vaccines on file and have the next one scheduled; however, they are both overdue for their scheduled vaccines
- Clifford has a rabies vaccine on file but does not have his next one scheduled yet
- Duchovny has no rabies vaccine on file and does not have one scheduled
This report features several age-specific filters to accommodate requirements of different states or municipalities. There is also a "Show all animals" option in case you want to capture underage animals and make sure they have a vaccine scheduled for the appropriate time.
- Show animals over 12 weeks of age (default)
- Show animals over 16 weeks of age
- Show animals over 4 months of age
- Show animals over 6 months of age
- Show all animals
Animal and People Record Links
Each animal ID is hyperlinked for easy access to the animal record, where you can complete and/or schedule a rabies vaccine.
Additionally, animals that are currently in foster will have their foster parent's record hyperlinked, where you can find their contact information and reach out to schedule an appointment for the rabies vaccine.
Needs FVRCP Vaccination
This report works very similarly to the Needs Rabies Vaccination report; only the age filters are different:
- Show all cats
- Show cats over 4 weeks of age (default)
- Show cats over 6 weeks of age
Needs DHPP Vaccination
This report works very similarly to the Needs Rabies Vaccination report.
The default "Show DHPP" view targets all disease components of a DHPP vaccine; however, there is also a "Show DHP" option to exclude dogs that are missing parainfluenza as part of their vaccine.
Additionally, the age filters are different:
- Show all dogs
- Show dogs over 4 weeks of age (default)
- Show dogs over 6 weeks of age
Stay tuned - we will be rolling out more Protected Pet Reports soon!