If your organization has set up Shelterpay to accept payments via credit cards using our integrated credit card processor Stripe, you will want to complete the checkout flow for a credit card purchase via the steps mentioned below.
1. Once you have started processing an adoption or other type of transaction and all of the items to be purchased are in your shopping cart on the page shown below, click on the Pay with Shelterpay button to begin the Shelterpay checkout flow, powered by Stripe.
2. Once you have selected Pay with Shelterpay and have filled out any required information on the Adoption Counselor pop up form (if enabled in your account) and also selected a cash drawer, you will then see a Donation pop up.
Remember: There is a donation ask built into the Shelterpay checkout flow via our Donation Boost already, so you don't need to ask the purchaser if they want to make a donation at this time. If you do anyway, the Donation Boost within the checkout flow will not appear. (See: Why are there two donation pages in the credit card checkout flow?)
3. The next screen will ask you how you want to process the transaction, and will pull in the phone number stored on the person record for the purchaser.
From here you can click "Text Link" which will send the checkout link directly to their mobile phone, or if they don't have a smartphone you can click "Customer Has No Phone" which will open the checkout link in a separate tab on your device which you can then email to them or have them complete on your device.
The "Use separate card reader" option should only be used for non-Stripe credit card transactions. For more information on that process, click here.
4. Once the purchaser has completed the checkout process and signed any applicable contract digitally on their end, you will see a notification in the top right hand corner of your account stating that they have finished checkout with a link to your shopping cart manager if you have navigated away from this page. You'll also see a notification if a donation was made.
5. Next, clicking on the "Complete Transaction" link will display a pop up window if the purchaser made a donation that will allow you to classify a fund and department.
6. After this, the document delivery screen will display so you can print or email any documents relating to the purchase if applicable.
If you have any questions about this process, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com!