Using filters in Excel or Google Sheets, after you have run and exported a Shelterluv report, can be a powerful tool to obtain the information you need from the report. Filtering takes the entire dataset and allows you to view specific rows while hiding the other rows based on the criteria you select.
To filter in excel:
- Begin with a worksheet that identifies each column using a header row.
- Select the Data tab, then locate the Sort & Filter group.
- Click the Filter command.
- Drop-down arrows will appear in the header of each column.
- Click the drop-down arrow for the column you want to filter. For example, you can filter the Altered column to view only unaltered animals.
- The Filter menu appears.
- Uncheck the boxes next to the data you don't want to view, or uncheck the box next to Select All to quickly uncheck all.
- Check the boxes next to the data you do want to view.
- Click OK. All other data will be filtered, or temporarily hidden. Only laptops and projectors will be visible.
Filtering options can also be found on the Home tab, condensed into the Sort & Filter command.