This article contains answers to some common questions from Adopters who have received an email inviting them to activate their Adopterluv account.
What is Adopterluv?
Adopterluv is new functionality specifically built for adopters, and is available free of charge to anyone who adopts an animal from an organization that uses Shelterluv, an animal management software. Adopterluv will help you manage your new pet's medical information post adoption. Your Adopterluv account will automatically pre-fill with your new pet's vaccine information, pulled directly from their Shelterluv record. Adopterluv will remind you about upcoming vaccines, encourage you to stay up-to-date with vet visits, and allow you to track new vaccines.
What will I receive from Adopterluv?
Shortly after your adoption is processed by the organization you are adopting from, you will receive a separate email from Adopterluv inviting you to activate your account to view your new pet's vaccination records. If there are any additional documents you want to store a digital copy of, you are welcome to upload those at any time.
Why should I have an Adopterluv account?
1. It’s easy to see what has been done (proof of rabies vaccination, etc)
2. It’s easy to see what needs to be done next and when
3. It is available on demand for you whenever you need it (first vet visit, when boarding, etc)
4. It is updatable by the you at any time, so unlike a static pdf that starts to “age,” you now have a live medical record you can own and manage going forward
5. It’s easy to share your records with any caretakers you’d like, Vets, Groomers, Boarding facilities, etc
Why am I only seeing vaccination history?
The organization you adopted from will provide you digital copies of your pet's Complete Medical History, Spay/Neuter Certificate, Rabies Certificate, etc. At the moment, your Adopterluv account will only pre-fill with the animal's vaccination information, but we'll be adding more medical data down the road.
What if the information I am seeing is incorrect?
If you have any questions about the information relating to your pet and/or their vaccination history, please contact the organization you adopted from directly.