You can create lost and found postings on your website with a combination of a custom status and a custom report. Continue reading to find out how!
Posting found pets that are in your custody
If you want these animal records to display in your main iframe with your other animal records, you will just need to assign the found pets a status that is configured to be publishable.
If you like these animals to appear on a different iframe, follow the steps below
- Create a new, in-shelter status title "Found" (check out How to add statuses and attributes for details on creating and configuring your statuses). Make sure the new status is configured as shown below.
- Once your new status is set up, you will need to create a custom report for animal records that are in your custody with the status of "Found". Follow the instructions in this Help Center article to create and save your report and then generate your custom iframe code snippet.
- Make sure you do not add a microchip number to the found animal's record if you do not wish your microchip integration to upload the animals to the registry.
Posting found pets that are kept by the finder and posting lost pets
Setting up subtypes
- From your gear icon, navigate to Configuration > Intakes and Outcome > Intake Subtypes
- Create a Service Intake subtype that is set to not count toward your reporting numbers
- Go to the Outcome Subtypes section
- Create a Service Outcome subtype that is set to not count toward your reporting numbers (alternatively, you can process them with the existing "Returned Healthy to Owner" subtype
Setting up statuses
- From your gear icon, navigate to Configuration > Processing > Status Manager
- Set up a "Reported Lost" and/or a "Reported Found" status under the "In Shelter Statuses" section
- Make sure the status is set to "No" for Publish/Holdable/Adoptable/On Site
- In custody should be set to "Yes" because pre-intake records are not reportable and will prevent your animals from appearing in the iFrame
Setting up a custom iframe
- Follow the instructions in this Help Center article
- On the custom report that you build for the custom iframe, add a rule to only show animals with the status you just created above
Once the pet is reunited with the owner
- Pull up the animal's record by using the search bar, or by filtering by status on the main animals list
- Go back to the original person record that the Service Intake was processed from (you can find it under the animal record's History > Caretaker tab)
- Go to the Animals tab and process a Service Outcome
- If this was a Found Pet, make sure the owner has a record first, and then select the "Transfer to New Owner" option from the finder's record
Make sure you do not add a microchip number to the found animal's record if you do not wish your microchip integration to upload the animals to the registry.