Shelterluv was the software of choice in the temporary shelters used after Hurricanes Harvey and Irma in 2017. Customers told us Shelterluv is "so easy, a volunteer can do it," which makes it the ideal choice in an emergency situation with little time for training. We’ve compiled this list of Help Center articles that our customers have told us are the most useful during the preparation for and response to a disaster in their community. If you have additional recommendations to share, please use the "Submit a request" link at the bottom of this article.
Preparing to evacuate shelter animals and/or temporarily house-owned animals
- How to process a service intake
- Adding/editing shelter locations
- How to save time with "Edit Multiple" and more (video)
- Make future reporting easier by adding service intake and outcome subtypes for a specific event. You can make this title as general (Disaster) or as specific (Hurricane Irma) as you need for your purposes. Consider adding these subtypes to stray intake and RTO outcomes as well
- Be aware that you may depend on paper kennel cards more than you do in normal operations.
- How does the Kennel Card Builder work
- Where do I find important documents for an animal?
- Print multiple kennel cards in one step using the printer icon on the main animals page when you first log into Shelterluv (you can also print the Complete Medical History and Rabies Vaccine documents from here)
Adding new partners for animal transfer and transferring animals
- Adding partners
- How do I transfer out multiple animals at once
- How can I run a report to populate the ASPCA Transport Manifest?
- Register for the Doobert transport platform to connect and organize transportation
- How do I integrate with Doobert?
Adding users due to an influx of new volunteers
Preparing for an influx of new foster applicants
- Building your applications (and how to distribute links to the public)
- How can I configure my foster contract
Posting lost animals on your website
- Quickly post lost animals to your website using the Shelterluv iframe
- Uploading animals to your own website
- How do I use the intake field when configuring the iframe for my website?