Welcome to Shelterluv!
We're excited to empower you to work more efficiently so you can
spend less time on data entry and more time on your lifesaving programs!
Here is an overview of what is included in the New User Training Guide
- Tips to Get You Started
- Getting Acquainted with Shelterluv
- Getting Your Account Configured
- Recommended Articles By Role
Here are some tips to get you started!
- Shelterluv is optimized for the Chrome browser, so we recommend using Chrome for the best user experience.
- We recommend going through the in-software training that you will experience when you first log in. You can resume training anytime by going to Settings > Guided Tour.
- The comprehensive Shelterluv Help Center (where you are now!) is your go-to resource for FAQ's and training. It is always available to you from the "Help" button on the top navigation bar.
Getting Acquainted with Shelterluv
- Basic navigation around Shelterluv (video)
- How do I use Edit Multiple? / How to save time with "Edit Multiple" and more (video)
- Search bar shortcuts & tips
- Shelterluv Support Best Practices
Getting Your Account Configured
Intake and Outcome:
Intake and Outcome Forms - Setting up your outcome forms and subtypes
Intake and Outcome Subtypes - Setting up your intake forms and subtypes
Medical Configurations - Basic medical configuration overview
Quick Fill Templates
Vaccines - Vaccines configuration
Treatments - How do I use quick fills in treatments?
Veterinarian E-Signatures - How do I add my vet's electronic signature?
Adoption Groups Setting up adoption price groups
Non-Adoption Shopping Items - Setting up non-adoption shopping cart items
Departments, Funds - Best Practices for Accounting and Shopping Cart Configuration
Adoption, Integrations, Microchips
Microchip Registration - Uploading to microchip registries
Adoption Aggregates - Uploading animals to aggregators of adoptable animals
Integrations - What other services integrate with Shelterluv?
A more detailed look at each configuration can be found in the Shelterluv Configuration Guide.
Recommended Articles By Role
- Can I practice intakes and outcomes before going live?
- Is there a way to backdate or change outcome dates?
- How to add a new person (video)
- How to add / intake an animal (video)
- How to outcome an animal (video) / How do I complete an outcome?
- Re-intaking previously outcomed animals as strays
- How do I intake a litter?
- What if an animal is intaked twice?
- How do I use status review dates?
- How do I change an animal's custody from a person to a partner?
- The basics of service intakes
- How do I process a pre-intake?
- Deleting intakes, outcomes, transactions & licenses
- How can I report on intakes by jurisdiction?
- Processing applications
- How to process an adoption (video) / How do I process adoptions (and other transactions)?
- How do I add adoption disclaimers to certain animals?
- Can I record adopters' driver's license numbers?
- How do I see the status of the checkout text I sent to an adopter?
- How will I know when the adopter completes the checkout on their phone?
- How do I print or email documents for an adopter?
- How can I handle foster-to-adopt / pre-adopt / trial adoptions?
- How can an animal be placed back in our custody after an adoption?
- How do I process an adoption return?
- Where do I find important documents for an animal?
- How do I pull a report for animals that still need a photo?
- How do I print multiple documents for animal records?
- Foster Overview (video)
- How to move an animal to and from a foster parent
- How do I move an animal from one foster parent to another?
- How do foster profiles work?
- How do I mark foster treatments as complete?
- How can I edit the date of an intake, outcome, or foster event?
- Medical Introduction
- Tasks Overview (video)
- How do I use a custom medical form?
- How do I complete treatments from an animal's record?
- How do I process an outcome for unassisted death?
- How do I print a treatment label?
- Vaccine display FAQ
- How do I add my vet's electronic signature?
- Additional articles
- Reporting Overview (video) / Reports Overview
- How do I run custom reports?
- How do I edit or delete saved custom reports?
- Limits on Report Results
- Additional articles
If you'd like to schedule a training session for your team with our support staff, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.