Before you can sell licenses, you should first set them up in Configurations > Licensing. You will need to specify the entity that issues licenses for your shelter along with the license price.
If you sell licenses for more than one entity or have multiple prices:
Leave the fields above blank and instead set up each separate license as a Non-Adoption Item that can be added to the cart during the checkout process.
Once everything is configured, you can add a license to an animal's record:
- On the animal's main Profile tab, scroll to the bottom until you see the license section.
- Click "Add License"
- You will be prompted to enter the license information and rabies vaccination information; if no rabies vaccination is on file, you will see this error message: "No rabies vaccine data found. To enter it go to medical tab and enter under vaccines."
- Rabies vaccination fields can be left blank and are not required to add a license.
- When you select a "Rabies Vaccine Product" from the dropdown, it simply fills in the fields on the form with the current values on the animal's record; if that vaccination record is later updated, it does not update the license record.
- Once the form is complete:
- Click "Save and Checkout"
- If you see an "Associated person not found" error, then there is no owner on record (for example, if the animal is just being adopted now)
- You will need to add the license on the final checkout page in the Cash/Check payment flow
- If the adopter is paying by credit card via Stripe, follow the instructions outlined in this article.
At the moment, we do not have functionality to support online licensing but we would love to learn more about your licensing needs. Please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com to let us know what you'd like to see here! If you already have a website that supports online licensing, please be sure to include that as well.