Diagnostic tests can be added and edited in Configuration > Medical > Diagnostic Tests.
Shelterluv allows you to create completely customizable tests with flexible results.
To add a new diagnostic test, click "Add Diagnostic Test", give the test a name, and choose the most accurate product. If you don't know the appropriate product, then choose "Other In-House Test" or "Other Diagnostic Laboratory Test". Knowing what type of product was used allows Shelterluv to monitor which animals have been tested for a certain disease, regardless of what test was used.
Next, you can choose when the next test is usually due. This is optional.
Number of results refers to how many options you'd like to add to the test. This is based on personal preference and how you'd like to enter the test on a daily basis. Here are some examples:
- Tests with 1 result: Parvo test, heartworm, x-rays
- Tests with 2 results: FeLV/FIV Combo (FeLV, FIV)
- Tests with 3 results: Feline Triple (FeLV, FIV, heartworm)
- Tests with 4 results: 4Dx test, QATs (PCV, TS, BG, Azo)
See FAQ section below for common tests which can be configured in different ways. You can always add more results or edit your options later.
On the next screen, give each result a name and a type (positive/negative/inconclusive or text box). Positive/negative is recommended for simple tests such as FeLV/FIV, heartworm, Wood's lamp, etc. Choose text if the test has a more complicated result such as bloodwork, PCR, or urinalysis.
Note: A diagnosis can only be added once per test. We recommend adding them to the result which is most accurate or commonly used.
Commonly created tests
- Number of results = 2
- Result name 1: FeLV, type: positive/negative, linked diagnosis: feline leukemia virus (FeLV)
- Result name 2: FIV, type: positive/negative, linked diagnosis: feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV)
- Number of results = 1
- We recommend 1 result. You can always write specific culture or microscopy results in the notes field.
- Result type: Positive/negative, linked diagnosis: Ringworm
- Number of results = 2
- Result name 1: Culture plate, type: positive/negative
- Result name 2: Microscopic examination, type: text, linked diagnosis: ringworm
- Number of results= 1
- We recommend having one result. You can always write specific results in the notes field.
- Result type: positive/negative, linked diagnosis: coccidia, giardia
- Result type: text, linked diagnosis: coccidia, giardia
- Number of results = 4
- Product: other (in-house)
- Result name 1: PCV, type: text
- Result name 2: TP, type: text
- Result name 3: Glucose, type: text
- Result name 4: Azo, type: text
CBC, Chem, necropsy, radiographs/x-rays, ultrasound, USG, blood smear, histopathology
- Number of results = 1+
- Product: other (diagnostic laboratory) or other (in-house)
- This will help keep more accurate records about the type of test which was performed
- We recommend using one text result for these types of tests as there is often an interpretive element
- Result type: text, linked diagnosis: neoplasia, bladder stones, etc.
- Number of results = 1-3
- You can keep this test simple or may it more complex based on what you routinely perform at your clinic.
- Result name 1: USG, type: text, linked diagnosis: Kidney disease
- Result name 2: Sediment exam, type: text, linked diagnosis: urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Result name 3: Dipstick, type: text, linked diagnosis: Diabetes mellitus