Processing credit cards through Shelterluv allows your rescue or shelter to do away with a separate card reader and its related hardware, and instead, process payments on the adopter's own phone (via a text message). For a walkthrough of how this works take a look at Shelterpay: What is Mobile Checkout?
A Stripe account needs to be set up for your organization in order to receive the proceeds from your credit card transactions into your bank account.
To set up or link an existing Stripe account
From the Configuration Panel select Onboarding & Billing, then Shelterluv Onboarding.
From this page, click the "Begin Setup" button, and enter the email address of the person who is responsible for this part of your organization (someone with access to your organization's bank account information, for example).
After you submit the appropriate email address, that address will receive an email from Stripe that lays out instructions of how to set up an account.
- New to Stripe? In order to complete this process you'll need information like EIN, business address, and bank account numbers so please have that handy before starting.
- Have an existing Stripe account? The email will give you instructions on how to link your Stripe account to Shelterluv.
Shortly after your Stripe account is all set up and ready to go, credit card processing via Shelterpay will be enabled in your account. You'll receive an email notifying you of when it is ready to start using.
- We can update the donation page for you to display dog-only, cat-only, rabbit-only, or generic animal donation descriptions. The default version will display a combination of both cat and dog donation descriptions. Let us know if you'd like your donation page to be made dog or cat only by emailing email@example.com.
- Stripe charges a processing fee of 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
- A 0.5% fee is assessed by Shelterluv to cover the costs of setting up and maintaining the connection to Stripe; this is automatically deducted from each transaction.
Starting February 15th, 2022:
94% of adoptions must be completed by adopters via Shelterpay, our integrated mobile checkout process. Customers that operate below this threshold will be subject to an $18 software fee per adoption for each adoption that does not go through mobile checkout. We pledge to work with each of you to achieve 94% at your organization.