Once you have your applications set up and shared with your potential adopters and fosters (find more details here about building and sharing your applications), every digital application submitted can be found in your Application Manager.
You can find the Application Manager in two places:
- Directly from the gear menu
- From the "Application" tab on the Tasks page
Submitted Application Alerts
As applications are submitted, you'll see a small red number alert on the gear menu with the number of applications that have been submitted and not yet reviewed. This should make it very easy to see when you have new submitted applications.
You also have the option for you and/or the applicant to receive an automated email every time an application is submitted:
- Setting up an email alert for you and your teammates
- Setting up a confirmation email for your applicants
When an application is first submitted, it will display on the very first tab on the Application Manager page, Pending Review. You can click "All Types" directly above that to filter by the type of application - foster vs. adoption, and dog vs. cat vs. other. If you click on a row in the list of submitted applications, the responses for that application will display on the right side of the page.
From this tab, you can either:
- Mark the application as in process.
- Accept the application.
- Reject the application.
- Archive the application.
If you choose "Mark In Process", the app will be moved from this tab over to the next tab, In Process. From the In Process tab, you'll also have the options to accept and reject the application from there.
If you choose to accept the application, you'll have a choice to either accept and create a record for the applicant OR accept, create a record for the applicant, and email the applicant. If a matching person record already exists for the applicant, the accepted application will be added to that person's existing record.
If you choose to reject the application, you'll have a choice to either reject but still create a person record for the applicant OR reject and not create a person record. For either choice, after rejecting, you'll be given the option to send an email to the applicant notifying them of their rejection if you'd like to do so. If you do create a new record OR the application is linked to an existing record, the rejected application will be added to that record.
If you choose to archive the application, you'll have a choice to either archive and create a record for the applicant OR archive and not create a record. When archiving, you will not have an option to email the applicant.
- Once an application has been moved to Accepted, Rejected, or Archived, it can be moved between these three tabs (but not back to Pending review or In Process).
- Both the acceptance and the rejection emails to applicants can be configured via Configuration > General Shelter > Email Templates.
- Multiple recipients can be added to the "To:" field for acceptance and rejection emails by separating them with a comma or semicolon.
Not finding the answer you're looking for? Submit a request above and let us know how we can help.