When you're setting up a new user on Shelterluv, you'll be asked to indicate which permissions, or roles, the user should have. In this article, we'll walk through what each permission type includes in both the main Shelterluv account as well as our additional Field & Community Services module.
For more information on how to add a new user or edit an existing user's permissions, click here.
Shelterluv User Roles
- Authenticated user:
- This box will be checked by default for all users. Don't worry about this one.
- Configure my shelter and its Users
- This permission gives the user access to the Configuration page via the gear menu. On the Configuration page, they will be able to configure anything from the General Shelter section (but not Medical, as that is a separate permission).
- There are currently no permissions tied to the Shopping Cart configuration page.
- This permission gives the user access to the Analysis & Reports page via Configuration. If a user does not have this permission, this page will not appear in the gear menu for them.
- Add Medical Data to Animal Records
- This permission allows the user to add any type of medical information to an animal record, EXCEPT for treatments and euthanasias.
- Users without this permission will not see options to add any medical data from the Medical tab of the animal's record.
- Create and Edit Animal Records
- This permission allows the user to process intakes (i.e. create animal records) and edit all details on the record EXCEPT for medical information.
- Users with this permission will be able to view, print, and email all documents on the animal's record.
- Users without this permission will be able to view animal records, but they won't be able to alter the record in any way or view system-generated documents.
- View, Edit, Create People Records
- This permission allows the user to create new people records, and view/edit existing people records.
- Users without this permission will not be able to view or search for people records at all. It is intentionally built this way as a privacy measure.
- Process Adoptions and Purchases
- Users with this permission can process all outcomes and any type of transaction, including refunds, from a person's record.
- A user without this permission will not be able to complete any type of transaction, including adoptions, when they get to the shopping cart page. The payment buttons will be hidden.
- Edit and Delete Inventories, Intakes, Outcomes, Transactions, and Licenses
- A user with this permission will be able to access the Record Management page from the gear menu.
- If a user does not have this permission, that page will be hidden from their gear menu.
- Prescribe Treatments and Procedures
- This permission gives users the ability to add treatments and euthanasias to an animal's record.
- This permission is required for users to process medical outcomes.
- If a user does not have the medical data permission (see above), then they should likely also not have this permission.
- Configure my shelter's medical module
- This permission will give the user access to the Configuration page in their gear menu. On the Configuration page, the Medical section will display and be entirely configurable for these users.
- Field Services Access
- This permission allows users to view the Field & Community Services module if enabled.
- Additional permissions must be granted within this module, see the Field & Community Services User Roles section below for additional details.
No Permissions: If you'd like a user to have "read-only" access, the best strategy is to mark the user as "Active" but give them no permissions. This set-up will allow them to:
- View animal records (but not filter or edit).
- They will not be able to view any system-generated documents on the animal's record.
- They will be able to view (but not print or email) uploaded attachments on animal records.
- Also note that they will not be able to view people records (as a privacy measure).
Field & Community Services User Roles
Shelterluv users with the "Field Services Access" permission will gain access to the Field & Community Services module under the gear menu icon in Shelterluv:
Those with additional configuration permissions within this module will have access to the users page to grant additional access for their users:
Each user may have any combination of the permissions below enabled. A user with access to Field & Community Services (via their Shelterluv user configuration) who does not have any of the permissions below will only be allowed to view activities and cases.
- Can be assigned tasks
- Can be assigned activities/cases
- Can add/edit activities and cases
- Can create new activities and cases
- Can edit existing activities and cases
- Supervisor: Can close/re-open/delete cases
- This is considered the supervisor-level permission
- Can close and re-open cases
- Can delete activities and cases
- Users with this permission should also have the “Can add/edit activities and cases” permission
- Can edit configuration
- Has access to Configuration and Users pages
- Can view reporting
- Has access to Reporting page
- Receive text notifications / Cell phone number
- Allows the user to receive a text each time an activity/case is assigned to them by another user
- Note: Notifications are not sent when a user assigns an activity/case to themselves
Please let us know if any questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.